Advantages of Membership & Application form
The Ballarat Anglers' Club caters for juniors & seniors, male & female, and members are able to use all accepted methods to catch fish, including bait fishing, trolling, or fly fishing. Members may fish from the bank or from boats.
The Club is always keen to welcome new members.
Although predominantly conducting its activities & competitions in the local freshwater lakes & rivers, the Club has a regular program of trips to other areas of the State, and to the coast.
Some of the events on the current years program are:
• Club opening in September
• Comp. against Ballatar Fly Fishing Club in September
• Freshwater competition vs Williamstown Angling Club in October
• All night Competitions on Lake Wendouree twice a year
• Monday night competitions about every 2 weeks on Lake Wendouree
• Estuary weekend on Curdies River in November
• Competitions against other Ballarat and District Clubs eg. Lakeside Anglers' Club & the Ballarat Fly Fishers' Club each year.
• Club weekend trip in April.
• Bay fishing comp. against the Williamstown Club in April
• Competition vs the Geelong Anglers' Club in May
• Club closing weekend comp. in May
In addition to the fishing program, the Club conducts regular meetings to keep members informed on Local & State fishing issues on the third Thursday of each month at the Anglers' Lodge in Wendouree Parade at 8.00 p.m.
The Club also arranges a number of social & fundraising functions as part of the yearly program.
Cost for Season 2011/2012
To apply for membership, print out and fill in the Application Form and return it to us to be considered as a member of the Ballarat Fish Protection Society and Anglers' Club.